Automotive Air Conditioning Repair
- In depth inspection of lines and hoses.
- Test and record the systems high and low pressure readings.
- Check and record the temperature of the air from the air conditioning vents at maximum cool setting.
- Freon cleansing; because freon is harmful to the environment, we take special care to use the proper recovery machines to ensure that none of the material escapes during service.
R134a Retrofit Service
- Case by case evaluation on what will be needed.
- R-12 Freon is recovered along with the R-12 oil and properly disposed according to EPA regulations.
- The system is flushed.
- Install the R134a retrofit kit (a small number of vehicles may require different seals and hoses).
- Evacuate and recharge the system with R134a freon and compatible oil.
- Install mandatory retrofit labeling.
The Environmental Protection Agency determined that Freon known as R-12 or CFC-12 was damaging the ozone layer and stopped production of the material. Now R-12 Freon is hard to find and very expensive. Although most vehicles produced before 1995 use R-12 in their air conditioning systems our Technicians can retrofit your vehicle to the new approved R134a. R134a is a more environmentally friendly freon. This retrofit is more cost effective than attempting to repair the older systems.